Friday, July 13, 2007

It's about time

I finally have a license to practice medicine in NC.

I met with a member of the board this morning; we chatted, he says, yeah, I don't really see a reason not to give you a license. I was like, me neither!! And by the time I got home from said meeting, it was done. A few more papers to shuffle locally, and I will be set to start Monday or Tuesday. Hooray!

Maybe some day I'll say more about the rat bastards at my old program and how and why they so consummately suck for putting my in this position after everything else they've put me through. Hell, maybe some day I'll figure out what makes me so damn special that the feel the need to continue to harass me two years later. But for now, I think I'll just keep movin' on and be a psychiatrist, and a damn good one, secure in the knowledge that they didn't win.

7 comments:

Lorna said...

HIP HIP HIP HOOOORRRAAAAAYYYYY

Congrats!

Valerie said...

Way to go Kate, YIPEE !!!!!!!! I knew that you would get through this and now maybe that the bad chapter can now be totally forgotten as you have a new beginning. Maybe those rat finky people finally realized what a good person they had and that was their way of saying "if we cannot have her, then nobody can". Ha ! but you showed them. Though I know that the first few days will be rough, you can do it, as you have done it before. I am cheering you on from here !!!!

Sarah said...

Woooooo! Finally!

monica said...

Congratulations! You showed those bastards at your old program!

Barb Matijevich said...

And they won't ever win, Kate. Because small-minded hatred and their freaking pettiness can only slow you down. You ALREADY won, sister, that's why they can't let go.

Rock on with your bad self!

Robin said...

Congrats! Now you can move on!

Matt Conner said...

Congrats! My home school says North Carolina is the toughest one to get a license in. Two folks in my current NC program are still fighting with the haters in the board.

Bookmark and Share