Here are ten things I learned (or, well, remembered) today, on this very ordinary Tuesday, in no particular order.
1. Good news comes sometimes when you least expect it.
2. Some good news is as simple as a canceled appointment.
3. Compatible neuroses make a powerful glue, but incompatible ones can cause a world of trouble.
4. Sometimes positive thinking works.
5. "No, no, anything but that" does not appear to be positive thinking.
6. Being a teenager sucks, and also rocks, which is part of why it sucks.
7. A good meal with a good friend can go a long way.
8. It's fascinating to watch the interplay of interpersonal and group dynamics, especially as the group shifts in a particular direction.
9. The male-female dyad is one of the most powerful and most complicated things about humanity.
10. Happiness really is a warm puppy.