Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Now I have no excuse

(PS - Happy birthday, Robin! And a belated happy birthday to Brad.)

I fell asleep last night, way too early.

I have to start sleeping better, because sleeping more isn't helping. I still suck as a sleeper...

So we had a ice storm last night. I got up this morning and my entire apartment complex was coated with a sheet of glass. The driving was miserable getting out of my neighborhood, and I spent most of the drive wishing I had a job where I could call out. But I made it. Peng made it. Our intern made it. Our attending even made it (although he was two hours late).

My clinic this afternoon was fun - only one of my four patients showed up. She was one of two that came to the entire child clinic. And she was pretty entertaining (in a good way, not in that holy-wow-is-this-one-crazy kind of way).

It never ceases to amaze me down here - every year I've lived here there's been snow and ice. And yet we have no idea how to deal with snow and ice. It's a perpetual catastrophe. We have no equipment for it. Every year, people! Get a clue!!

Grump, grump, grump...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in northwest Tenn----and the "powers to be' still do not get it about snow removal.

Once we went 55 miles one way to the city of Jackson which had a nice big mall--and great restaurant---it had snowed somewhat but we are Yankee's--started out and the MORE SOUTH we went less and less cars out from under carports or garages.

Bottom line---THE WHOLE #%$^@#w@ CITY WAS CLOSED---JC PENNY, GOLDSMITHS, ETC

but not the video stores.How did anyone get to them? All on account of snow on the road.
They 'literaly hibernate'

Still that way---closed on Monday and Tuesday of THIS WEEK.

but it looks pretty----enjoy Carol

Bookmark and Share