Saturday, September 22, 2007

What a good idea that was

So, I'm still at State Hospital, but feeling a little better this morning. I got woken up to go see one of my old Crisis Unit patients who got himself punched in the jaw during the morning med line up. I answered the page, and the nurse was like, "So I need you to come see this patient," etc, etc, and I said "Who is it?" And he told me, and all there was to say was "Of course he did." And then I went to see him, and for some reason the whole thing just amused the heck out of me (probably because so many of the staff members on Crisis had wished we could haul off and slug him).

But then, heck, I was awake, so I came down to check my email, and in the comments Lorna had made the brilliant suggestion of a countdown clock. Dude. Why didn't I think of that earlier? So, note the new addition to the sidebar. I think it's technically wrong, since, because of my license debacle earlier in the year I'll probably still be pulling intern duty the first month of my second year (what salty irony that is - instead of getting credit for the internship time I've already done in OB, I'm going to end up with an extended intern year. Oy...), and it aims for July 1. But whatever. I installed it, and then I sat there for a full twenty seconds or so and watched it count down to one less minute. It was so satisfying.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

Love the countdown-er!!! It'll be as calming as watching a fish tank!

Glad to hear things went a sciosh better!

Valerie said...

The countdown clock is a really good idea and I am glad that you did it. I know that it seems tough now, but it will get better. You do not seem to have the same numbers of inane pages from the staff, so things are looking up.

Bookmark and Share