Thursday, December 03, 2009

Blah blah blah

Today turned into a really long day. One of my coworkers is having some pretty rotten family stuff going on, so we all have sort of scrambled to take on what of his we each could. Which translated only into a couple of things for me, but one of them was going to the pre-interview dinner tonight. Which turned out to be quite lovely, actually. I met one candidate in particular with whom I definitely vibed well. She's also a knitter, and we spent a good deal of time swapping stories about leaving jobs we couldn't tolerate. It was very nice. They were fun. We laughed a lot.

But it also, as I said, extended my day by about three hours. And I'm on walk-ins again tomorrow, so I need to go to bed. But here are five random things, just to make your stopping by worthwhile. Ready? Go:

1. Apparently, high heels began as a men's fashion, related to their shoes not falling out of the stirrups when they rode. I learned this at dinner tonight. I find it hilarious, because I can't imagine most of my male cohorts doing well at all in heels (cowboy boots notwithstanding).

2. I spent a while in L&D with Eva yesterday watching her babies on the monitor (she's fine, just a little puffy). I really miss obstetrics.

3. I had a patient today who claimed to have had "just one glass" of wine yesterday, who turned out to have a BAL of 0.45 (remember, legally intoxicated is 0.08). When sober, I reminded the patient that that blood alcohol would kill me. And I'm thinkin' that was a very big glass.

4. I had another patient, a cute little old lady who's been hearing this buzzing noise, which presented like an auditory hallucination (which it may well be). And I'm asking her about it, and she's like, nope, I never hear it outside the apartment, but it's almost constant there. And I was like, has anyone else listened for it? And her boyfriend says, "NO. I'VE NEVER HEARD IT." And I giggled a little bit - inwardly, of course - and thought, turn your hearing aids up, grampa.

5. I really like this picture, which I stole off of Twitter. I was listed as, "Not a hot dog, but a warm dog."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLAH! BLAH! back to you and I think the "knitting fever" is extending all over---by the ball of yarn being unwound to join friends new and old. Too bad we couldn't get the politicians and people to "join up" with some "good ideas" TOGETHER.

I am still laughing at the old lady---not quite like me and the other half but - - - - -hehehehe

and the picture was not there----something expired by not to worry--

My quilt party was a HUGE SUCCESS and table was pretty and they liked their yo yo key chains.

My lesson to you a Yo YO is a round circle of fabric drawn together --sewed together on the edges---with a key ring inbetween-belongs in the quilt section of knowledge in your brain.

Enjoy Carol

DK said...

Fixed it!! Sorry, there was a faulty link for that picture...

Bookmark and Share