Saturday, June 18, 2011

Suprising...

Olga's been out of the hospital and settled in her new rental place for several weeks now. So today she texted and was like, "how about we take the cat off your hands?"

Reasonable, right? I mean, Gulan *is* her cat.

I had no idea I was going to be so upset when the cat left. It really made me sad.

But I packed up the cat's stuff to take her over to Olga's new place. Gulan knew something was up and hid in the corner of the living room behind the piano and didn't want to come out. I finally bribed her with treats, picked her up and put her in the car. She sat very quietly on the front seat and purred when I petted her at stoplights.

And she was happy to see Olga and her son again. You know, in that cat way. Then she hid in the closet.

I got to spend some quality time with Olga and her little boy and her mom and sister, though. That was a nice cap to a busy day of errands and fussing and running around.

I'm really going to miss that damn cat...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw--comes under 'glad and sad'. Glad Olga has recovered enough to be in her 'home' family and then Gulan.

Sad for Gulan but even more for you cause one does get 'attached' and she sounded like a real sweet cat.

I bet Mags misses Gulan too---in her own personal way.

thanks for the update---and closing of a chapter in one of your friends--to me---episodes of life. Always nice to hear the good things.

And tomorrow will be OK--just hang in there

Take Care and Thanks
Carol

Bookmark and Share