Saturday, August 18, 2007

Good things in the mail again

Signs you are a too-frequent customer at Starbucks:

1. You know everyone who works at your local store, and all the drama in their life.

2. You pull up to the drive thru in the morning, and they interrupt you in the middle of your order and say, "Yeah, Kate, come on through."

2a. The whole place gets messed up when you deviate from your regular order (and feels the need to come to the window and comment on it to you).

3. This arrives in the mail -
In the mail this week, Starbucks sent me a CD. Totally unsolicited, and with a little card inside the mailer saying "Thank you for being one of our most loyal and dedicated customers."

Now, it's an old CD, and it's a compilation of "up and comers," which makes me think they probably had a bunch laying around and someone at corporate looked at them and thought, "What the hell are we going to do with all of these things? I know, let's send them to our cardholders who are actual regulars!" But it's also good. Very eclectic, has a couple of songs I really, really like...all in all, not bad for something that mysteriously appeared on my doorstep!

I also suspect it's related to the fact that I have a Duetto card, one of those fancy-schmancy things that is both a regular Visa and a Starbucks card (at the same time! It's like magic). Which brings me to the point that, if you are in any way a frequenter of the crack house that is Starbucks, totally get you one of those. Not only do I earn solid rewards in Starbucks bucks, but they're forever sending me cards telling me they've added $5 or $10 to my balance (on the Starbucks card side, which is just like the reloadable gift cards you get in the store, not to the Visa balance!) because it's the holidays or their anniversary or my birthday or the second Tuesday of a month that has an R in it. And apparently, they also send you random free things. Killer.

1 comment:

Barb Matijevich said...

You know, I've often though that if someone would put a Starbucks INSIDE my LYS, I would freaking never leave. And I would just sign my paycheck right over to them --well, back when I made a paycheck and signed things.

However, I should tell you that during one of my failed attempts on Weight Watchers, I calculated the points to a Cranberry-Orange Scone. It could be the only food item I've ever seen, with the possible exception of La Madeleine's tomato soup, that had MORE than a day's recommended allowance of fat grams.

Well, maybe I shouldn't have told you that after all.

Bookmark and Share