Sunday, August 12, 2007

This growin' up stuff, man, I don't know...

(Missed the reference? This time I don't blame you, it's sort of obscure...)

So tomorrow, I have to be an adult again and go back to the real world (or, at least, as real as it gets in my world). I'm highly ambivalent about this. I hate not knowing what I'm walking into tomorrow morning, especially on a call day. But at least I'm only on call once this week, as opposed to the three call days I have next week. Oy.

Well, I guess we'll see how it goes. My service will have changed completely in my absence - that's one of the things about the short term unit that is both a plus and a minus. Like, I have no idea who these people will be that I'm seeing in the morning. I could have two patients on my service or I could have, like, nine. And who knows what they'll have been admitted for. But on the plus side, maybe they'll be a little less criminal than the group I left. Or maybe not. I dunno. But to pull a quote from my current favorite episode of CSI (which is so because it takes place at a state forensic mental facility, and which also just happens to be on Spike right at this very moment):

"Crazy or not, here we come."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think...that quote should be on my coat of arms, or something.
Also, dude. Stitches.

Bookmark and Share