Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wrap up

I had dinner with my friend Matt tonight. Maggiano's was crowded, so we took one of those tall tables in the lounge. I clamored on up, took off my coat, fussed with the contents of the table...at which point I finally stopped moving, looked at him, sat back and said, "Wow. What a damn week."

Farewell, stressful week.

We had a lovely dinner tonight, a languid affair of good wine and good conversation full of the esoterica and philosophical musings that tend to characterize our more casual discussions away from the hospital. With, of course, a heavy garnish of sardonic wit and punny entendres. After all, even outside the office, we're still us.

The folks and I had a good morning. I made eggs with stuff for breakfast (like an omelet, only more scrambled-y). I indoctrinated my mom to the Wii. My dad made a most excellent coffee mess.

I'm not glad my dad got so sick this week, but I'm definitely grateful for the extra time I got to spend with them.

And so, as it is, everyone's home safe and sound and tucked in to their beds. I'm cold (perhaps I'll turn off the ceiling fan) and have officially stayed up way too late on a school night.

Tomorrow? New week, new month.

So long, February. Don't hurry back. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello March-----with the time change, anniversaries, birthdays, Palm Sunday and spring!

and anything else that comes along!

Sounds good to me.
Enjoy Carol

Bookmark and Share