Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday night again

I'm not sure where the weekend went...

Today was lazy. I slept until 9, didn't get out of bed until noon, got my car inspected (FINALLY. I had to wait for the new registration to come. Tomorrow, ps, would be the day they start fining me for my past-due inspection). Went to the Whole Foods, where everyone and their third cousin was out shopping, and of course they're redoing the store so everything was somewhere else. Which, combined with my lack of sleep and general crankiness...let's just say I got out of there as fast as humanly possible. I had all manner of plans for things to do when I got home. So far I've run a load of laundry and dinner is cooking...

Yesterday was busy, but a blast. The Housestaff Council (Housestaff = residents and fellows. My friend the pathologist says her department kids her about being on Student Council. Kinda true...) had its first annual Breakfast With Santa, and it was so nice. There was hot breakfast, the kids got to take pictures with Santa (one of our psych nurses. Shhh!), do crafts, a good time was had by all. The cash proceeds went to the Ronald McDonald House, and we collected canned goods for the local food bank and toys for Toys for Tots. The psych department had an excellent showing (made me so proud), in part because I'm on the council and Tina - whose idea this whole event was, and she did such an amazing job pulling it together - is an officer. But it was awesome, really.

Peter, the nurse who played Santa, is an amusing guy who was a State Hospital nurse for yeeeeears. He spent most of the morning trying to convince me to sit on his lap. So eventually I sent him Mike. I decapitated this picture on purpose (the no people on the blog rule - Peter doesn't count because he looks like every other Santa you'd see at the mall), but you get the idea.

Later, Mike had us all over for a "tree trimming" party (although the tree was already very nicely done up). Once again, a good time was had by all. Renee made peppermint martinis, Sparrow made sangria, and Mike makes a good cosmo. Peng made fudge, which was quite of interest to Mike's littlest furball, Clementine.

We hung out there for a while, gathered around the fire pit he'd borrowed from Cleo, roasted marshmallows (which were frozen from staying outside so long - funny!), we had a good time. And then a few of us went out to this middle eastern place in town, which is a restaurant by day and a dance club by night. It was about 12:30 by the time we got there, so, no mezes for us. It was, um, smelly. Sweaty. Smoky. But, we hung out, we drank a little more, we danced (Mike so got served by this guy who was like a foot shorter than him). We then took Mike home and then Renee, and Tyler and Sparrow and I went out for Mexican. At 3 am.

Love it.

Also? Still really tired....

No comments:

Bookmark and Share