Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

So it's Christmas in North Carolina.

We've had a pretty uneventful day so far. I went to my aunt and uncle's last night for their traditional Christmas Eve homemade ravioli, which, mmm, mmm, mmm. So good! And we had such a good time. My cousin and I were coasting towards our traditional Trivial Pursuit victory, but my other cousin and her husband rallied late and overtook us. It was a good night, though. Good wine, good food, good company. I'm leaving in about ten minutes to go back for dinner tonight. We're confident we'll be triumphant at Christmas Trivia tonight.

So our day here at Chez Kate...Little Maxine is here, of course, while Sparrow is home visiting her family (Mags is going to hang with them next week when I'm in Chicago). The girls and I slept in, and then we made cinnamon rolls from a little tiny tube.

The girls had a little standoff over their food as well. Maggie stood around for a good ten minutes, clearly not wanting to finish her breakfast, but not wanting Little Maxine to eat it, either.

Maxine, meanwhile, stood at the ready. Finally, Maggie gave up, and just laid down near the food dish...

This, by the way, was what all the fuss was over...

We got it figured out eventually. And they we mostly napped (I never got any post-call sleep yesterday) and ignored the housework (oh, that my house would magically be neat and organized when I get back from Chicago! Oh, well...). We did a little laundry, I did some dishes, I answered an email from one of my patients who's having an awful Christmas, but mostly I stalled on the internet and we watched A Christmas Story (over and over and over on TBS) and I spent a good deal of time addressing Maxine's inability to make a decision about if she wanted to be on or off the bed (it's about two inches too high for her to jump up by herself). And Maggie tolerated my need to take festive holiday photos.

I had to bribe the girls with Jumbones to get this picture. And take away the hat. And they STILL wouldn't sit together.

Merry Christmas, everybody. Or whatever holiday it is that you celebrate. May it be a happy one.

1 comment:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Sounds like you need a step for the bed for when Maxie visits.

Merry Christmas Kate.

I've enjoyed your blog for the past year.

Glad to know you.

Bookmark and Share