Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let the games begin

So today was sort of my last (of two) day of calm, as it were. I hung out with the folks, my mom and I went shopping, we had my aunt and uncle and cousin over for dinner, whom I haven't seen since February. It was nice. We had Chicago pizza, good wine, and fabulous cookies. And Mai-Tais, with some wicked good pineapple in them. Ahh. Oh! And I bought my dad his first-ever iPod, a little silver Shuffle. I tried to get my mom one, too, but they didn't have blue, and she doesn't think she'd use it (I think she'd be surprised). All in all, a nice day.

Tomorrow, I'm out the door at a quarter past dark to have breakfast with one of my med school buddies. I have a few things I need to do whilst on the west side, and then have a phone appointment at 10:30, and then am heading over to the lovely Bianca's to hang out with her and my nephew, Basil (who's TWO AND A HALF OHMIFREAKINGAWD). After that, I'm going to head over to the equally lovely Robin's to score some time with her and meet my new (um, seven months ago) nephew, Luke. We're going to hang out around there for the evening, for a wonderful evening sans pantalon (NO PANTS!) (It's a long story....which I'll probably tell you tomorrow). We're doing a bring-your-favorite-takeout New Year's, which we've done before and was a raving success. I'm thinking I might order pizza, because, ohh...anyhow, Thursday I'm going to sleep in as long as little Luke will let me, and then am headed up north to hang with my college friend and her wife (take that, Prop 8 bitches) and their two adorable children. And with any luck, I might get to spend some quality time with my awesome Goddaughter on Thursday night.

I sense an impending onslaught of clock-ticking, after all of this baby/kid time in the next few days...

Fortunately, Friday I'm going in to the city for a fun-filled afternoon with Claudia, and then she and my cousins (the ones whose parents are my surrogate family in NC) and I are headed out for a night of single-gal debauchery. Even if my one cousin is married (I really like her hubby, so, I can't really hold that against her). I see fabulous martinis in our future...

Saturday is a smallish extended-family to-do at my cousin Paulie's restaurant, the best in the South Suburbs. It's a small, intimate thing, which in our circles means about 40 people (if I ever do have my own big fat Greek wedding, expect over 200 people. On my side. This is why I'm eloping). And then Sunday? Sunday I get back on the big avion and fly back to my real life. I'm guessing Peng will not be as late picking me up as the cabbie was dropping me off. And Maggie, I'm guessing, will still be happy to see me, even though she's spent all week with Maxine and Sparrow. And Monday's a full clinic, Tuesday I'm on call, and, away we go again.

Damn. I'd better get some rest...

Oh! But I do have a big decision to make in the next 48 hours or so - Blog 365 2008 is drawing to a close....do I sign up for Blog 365, 2009 edition? What do you think, folks?

::EDIT:: Oooh! Look! There's a poll! Go vote! (Be kind...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted---but I didn't get my "button" that says I did ? ? ?

But for me if you "miss" a couple of days, because of work----I won't mind

Just be sure to blog. Love them and
Enjoy them Carol in Tenn

Robin said...

What would I read with my morning OJ if you stopped?

Where would I get my Kate fix?

Valerie said...

I think you should do it if you enjoy it. It is a nice way to keep in touch, and it can be a nice journal of your trip through school and life.

Bookmark and Share