Monday, December 22, 2008

Blech.

So, Little Maxine is visiting while Sparrow is home for the holiday.

I guess, at some point today, she liberated a bag of Candy Cane Hershey Kisses off the table (where they're generally safe from Maggie, so I didn't even think about it) and ate them all. When I got home there were red and white foil wrappers all over the floor, and she'd barfed all over the couch. So I cleaned up the couch, called the vet (who said no problem because no actual chocolate in them) and put her up on my bed and was snuggling her because she clearly did NOT feel well, and all of a sudden she picks her head up and yaks all over the bed spread. I have never in all my days seen that much vomit come out of someone so small...my word.

But it helped. She seems to be feeling better. And Mags let her take over the queen's throne.

::sigh:: They're so cute..luckily...

I think the comforter is a lost cause. I tried to wash it three times, it's still covered in puke. I'm oddly sad about losing a ten year old comforter that I've had to stitch up three or four times and is all ragged and sad. Wonder what that's about...

Everybody keep your fingers crossed. I'm on call tomorrow, and am still terrified they're going to try to make a break for it again. Except...I think I've come to the conclusion that I might have had the order of things backwards during their last jailbreak. I think it may well have started with Maggie going over the wall - you know, after the cat or some such thing - and not being able to get back over, so Maxine dug her way out, and then they went on their grand adventure to Sparrow's house. Who knows, really, but the hole is blocked off, and the air conditioner Maggie used to jump over the fence is blocked off, and so...we'll, here's hoping, is all I'm sayin'...

4 comments:

Allison said...

Poor sweet Maxine. I'm impressed that she didn't eat the foil wrappers too. Such oral dexterity!

We had a dog eat two and a half pounds of chocolate fudge once...the vet told me to feed her hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. That was fun...I remember a cascade of dog barf running down the stairs in my parents' house.

It's a good thing that we love them!

Tiny Tyrant said...

Oy. Hugs honey. Dog puke is not good.

There is a reason I keep the sofa covered.

Cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Unknown said...

wow, she took the wrappers off???

and only a true dog lover could still love another persons dog who puked all over their bed!!!

Anonymous said...

Tag! You're it for the 5 things game.

Bookmark and Share