Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The apartment

The Eagle has landed. We made great time this morning, cruised into town, went to the complex, picked up our keys....and were so very disappointed. It's smaller than I remember. It's a lot more run-down than I remember.

And. There. Were. Roaches. Everywhere.

So I'm now at the hotel (planned; I won't have a bed until Thursday). And instead of unpacking the car, I think I'm just going to hide. In my rented bed. In my nice, clean, roach-free room. EW. Can't Maggie and I just live here?

3 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

Oh, girlfriend, you have to fog before you get in there. Speaking as a long-time apartment dweller, fog the place before you ever spend a night there and drive those roaches right over to your neighbor's apartment. You can't do it after you move in because of the puppy--plus the toxin isn't that good for YOU either.

Gack. I hate roaches. and we have ones here in Texas that you can just tell are waiting to knock you down and steal your car keys. My husband is from Houston and boasts as one of his many talents the ability to kill a roach on the wall with his bare hand. Not that we have any in this house. Or I would have to move.

Lorna said...

Eeewww, Ickkkkk....

I say since your bed won't arrive until Thursday - FIND a NEW Apartment... hahaha -

Seriously, I agree, drop the bomb in the place and chase those suckers out of there!

Very glad you arrived safely and are tucked in to the La Quinta!

Sarah said...

Ew! Ew! Ew! At least you're there safely.

Bookmark and Share