Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In Other News

Franklin's 1000 Knitters Project is having its kickoff seating at Arcadia Knitting on Saturday, July 14th. Go, ye still in Chicago. Go and be gorgeous. Go and be photographed. Go and check out one of the city's coolest yarn stores (so I'm told. I never actually made it, dag nabbit).

I don't think there will be cockroaches there. And according to the management, neither will there be Chez Moi on Thursday when the movers come. Ew, ew, ew.

Oh, and PS - our hotel room tonight, aside from the blissful roach-free-ness, is also not stinky. As Monica so smartly noted in the comments, it is a La Quinta Inn and Suites. We are in a non-smoking room. Maggie is also much happier, having curiously enough spent most of her night scratching and having sneezing fits. I was just grumpy, and that's not altogether unusual, frankly.


But we both seem happier with this. So, again I say, go. Take them your dog-y business. Heck, take them your monkey business. I'm sure they won't ask any questions.

Another plus? Dinner. Since I have a microwave and we've spent way too much time in the car, I hit Delivery.com, which listed exactly one restaurant, a local pizzeria. Hey, I'm not too proud, and, of course, I come from the land of pizza. So, while ordering online, I checked the box that said "Extra Thick Crust", wondering how this would compare to the deep dish pies of my hometown. An hour later, dinner arrives at my door.

Um, if that's extra thick crust, you must be able to read through their thin crust!

But, whatever. It might be New York style, but it's actually quite good. It'll be a nice breakfast tomorrow, too. And it's better than EBAs. I figure, the last place I worked sucked, and locally, they had bad pizza. This, I'll consider this a good omen. Even if it pales in comparison to Giordano's.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

Thick crust - hahahaha - what a great joke!

monica said...

I'm a little behind in my blog reading but I'm glad you found a LaQuinta!

Bookmark and Share