Saturday, June 16, 2007

Drink up, me hearties, yo ho

Completely off any topic at all...having seen the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie a few weeks ago, and having had everybody tell me the first was absolutely the best one, I was very excited to notice that it was on ABC tonight. So I watched it. And I was a little disappointed. Good flick, I did like it, but everyone made it seem like it would be so much funnier than the last. Eh. I think I liked the third one better. Maybe it was the ambiance. Or the exhaustion + margarita combo. And while I also thought the third one too long, this one really didn't need to be as long as it was (I kept thinking, they edited this for time?). But, whatever, just the musings of a girl very tired from a taxing day.

Alast, ye lubbers, a few observations...

1. Orlando Bloom is just as hot as a dandy as he is as a rogue.

2. Entirely too many people in this movie are overtaken by insignificant bonks on the head.

3. Never call the dog who hold the keys to your jail cell "mangy." (Also, this was one of, like, two moments when I went, oh, yeah, now I get it, it's based on the Disney ride...)

4. The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can't do.

5. Modern society is seriously lacking in good swordfights.

6. "I feel old" is just as crappy a last utterance as "I smell bread." (And, both Captain Barbosa and Sheriff Lamb were far too important as nemeses to go out like that.)

7. That has to be one of the ten best kisses in movie history.

8. Skeleton Monkey just looks weird.

9. Even the pirates' code is more like a guideline.

10. DVR is possibly my favorite invention, ever.

It also makes me just a little sad that I frogged the socks I'd started out of Lorna's Laces Black Pearl (or Purl, depending on who you ask). I would've worn them in homage. But, really, I need a second ball to make the sort of socks that deserve to be made from that yarn.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm working on it!
Also, modern society really is lacking in good swordfights. I fenced for a while, but we wore stupid gear, and it wasn't very dramatic.

Bookmark and Share