Thursday, June 28, 2007

Presents rock!

So, today, was not the best of days. Also not the worst, just, orientation drones on, and more to the point, further exercises in other people's idiocy are causing silly delays with my license. Which, to say the least, is stressing me out. Now, don't fret, I will get one, but, I very much would like to get to the issues and resolve what needs to be, not sick my program director (who, incidentally, has absolutely gone to bat for me - as a program director should, but, it's not like they all do - and is rapidly earning my undying respect and adoration) on some quack who saw me in her office a handful of times and is now on some power trip about giving me medical clearance. Dude! Last time you saw me I was healthy. Just say that. That's fine. BUT SAY IT! Don't screw with me! Geeeeeez!

Ahhh. Better. Okay.

So anyhow, on my way home, I stopped at the super-duper-fancy Harris-Teeter, which is our local higher-end grocery chain, and this one has just about anything you can think of. So while I didn't actually buy much that was very exciting, I did sort of wander around in awe in of all the gourmet things I could possibly buy and cook if I had time, money, or the inclination to put that much effort into something I'd be cooking for one person and dog who'll bogart the leftovers if allowed (and, really, no tikka masala for Maggie!). That helped a little.

And then I came home. And there was a little UPS slip on the door. And I said, oh, the books I ordered from Amazon must have come.

But, no!

Because the little UPS listed the sender as "Purl SoHo."

And I said...wait....I didn't order anything from them....I....I wonder.....oooh!!! It's the mysterious present that Sarah was sending!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Maggie and I went to the office, and retrieved it, and inside the package was this little pink Purl SoHo burrito:


So I open it.....and.....dude. How. Cool. Is this:


It's Lorna's Laces. Purl Soho claims that it's their custom color, Pond Blue Stripe. But anyone who knows anything recognizes this as UNC blue and white.

I am going to make the coolest pair of UNC socks, ever, out of this. I knew it the moment these came out of the package. Because you know what else I'm going to do with these? An afterthought heel, in black yarn. Yep. Tarheel socks. These are gonna be ass-kicking socks, baby! Hee! I can hardly wait! So cool!

Thank you, Sarah!!! You rock!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dude, I didn't know they would come in a burrito. Awesome! I heard someone talking about this color on the socknitters list, and knew you had to have it. Awesome (after)thought on the heel though! I would have never thought of that.

Bookmark and Share