Sunday, June 17, 2007

Parental projects

Happy Father's Day, y'all.

In honor of same, I thought I'd finally post the pictures of my dad's sock. Which, as I said, was supposed to be for his birthday, the second one for Christmas.


But then, I finished the first one early this month, so now I'm hoping to bump those up a holiday (we'll see how close to his birthday I finish that second sock). Guess I'll have to think of something else to make him for Christmas.


This is my foot, fyi. We're not even going to discuss the wacko yoga positions I had to contort myself into to take these pictures, and they didn't even turn out that well. I have got to buy a sock blocker already.

A not-wonderful picture of the Eye of Partridge Heel that Sarah talked me into. It looks better than this.

In case you're wondering, that's Austerman Step, color 13, on Size 1 Addis (Magic Loop) in a very generic pattern except for that EoP heel.

And while we're on the topic of things I made for my folks, here (again, finally) are the pics of the crocheted-like-a-banshee birthday shawl I made for my mom:

It's Encore Chunky (I know, but it's washable, and actually, it works up really soft, and plus, if I had used the Cashmerino I wanted to, my mother would've killed me for spending that much on yarn. And she would've known, she's my mom!), four balls of it. It's alternating rows of sc-dc-dc. Until it was, um, long enough. Here's a close-up.

The pretty gold pin is hers, though.

In again unrelated discussion, I'm watching Reba, on the CW, which is not currently in the running for my favorite network. Prime examples of why: 7th Heaven is on next (is that show not over yet?!), and they just advertised Veronica Mars, which, they also just cancelled. Dude. But, whatever, there's not a whole lot on. Still, I found this little bit of dialogue fittingly humorous....

Van: If you take loyalty and ethics out of business, you know what you have?

Reba: A television network?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

"Y'all?" They've gotten to you already....

Amanda said...

Your socks are great! I love the stripes. It just screams out that it is made for a dad-like character.

DK said...

Thanks!! And, my dad is quite a character...

Bookmark and Share