Monday, September 07, 2009

Still life

(Hardly.)

I do love a good holiday weekend. I got next to nothing of what I actually wanted to accomplish accomplished, save for like nine hours worth of clinic notes and discharge summaries (I still have one left of each, plus like eighty three bajillion therapy notes, but those are quick, because they say nothing). And I bought new pants and a vacuum cleaner, but the latter is still in my car (I bought it this afternoon). I unpacked exactly one box, although I did rearrange the furniture in my bedroom into a fashion I think will actually be better.

So, the to-do list may not be much shorter, but really, looking back at the weekend, I actually did get quite a bit accomplished.

Not the least of which was having a very lovely time with friends and family. Saturday night Peng and I went to wine tasting, and then I skipped over to Cleo's, where I met a very fabulous friend of hers from the Chi and we all ate way too much pork (Mike had cooked literally half a pig. There were 10 of us. Needless to say, lots of leftovers). And then tonight I went over to my aunt and uncle's, where we made Margherita pizza from scratch and my aunt and I finally fixed the hem on my pants (for no apparent reason, the hem on the right leg of all of my pants keeps falling out. I do not know what this is about. I'm thinking my left hip must be higher than my right or something....). I also finished square #1 (of 16) of the four baby blankets I have to knit in the next 20 weeks (why are they all due at the same time?!?!!).

In a few short hours it'll be back to the grindstone, but at least it's a short week. And then there's beach this weekend!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I think I mentioned that we're recreating our intern retreat, except this time we have to pay for it ourselves and we're taking the second years with us. And also one of the fourth years, and a couple of other people we like. Scott, who's the other half of the Planning Committee, is being extraordinarily male about the whole thing and driving me absolutely crazy (I recognize, that's a short trip), particularly in that we're leaving Friday and we still haven't settled on what house we're going to rent. I picked one, he suddenly developed an opinion, he may have then finagled us a whole better deal, but we're not sure yet...I totally heart Scott, and we generally work very well together, but he's kinda making me nuts, here. And honestly? I'm not entirely sure why. We're going to have a place; if his falls through, mine won't. So I don't know why I'm so worked up about this. Because either way, it's the BEACH. Beach! Beach! Beach!!

Have I mentioned how excited I am about the beach?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately ----that I am kind of nutty! lalalala

sing a along song---probably before your time but

I THOUGHT THE BEACH WAS "THIS" WEEKEND ( the one we just had)

Sigh! but enjoy the week Carol

Bookmark and Share