Thursday, September 03, 2009

Love Thursday

I haven't done a good Love Thursday post in a long while, so, I thought maybe tonight I'd do 10 things I love...in no particular order whatsoever.

1. My job. No, really, despite the long-ass hours (left at 7pm tonight. Awesome), the endless paperwork, and the emotional tumult, I love what I do. I love that I get to do it. And I love where I do it. There's always room for improvement, obviously, but I'm really glad I'm where I am.

2. Babies. There's a sudden abundance of them. And somehow, the ones who require blankets are ALL due in about 20 weeks. I'm not sure I have the time to knit four blankets between now and then...

3. Babies on the unit. This is quite possibly my favorite part of being the peripartum resident.

4. And since we're on baby-related topics, I miss obstetrics, and endoscopic surgery, and I think I'll always mourn the loss of the nice little life plan I had mapped out, but in truth? I love that I left OB/G. For so many reasons, not the least of which is that I finally stood the hell up for myself.

5. I totally love that I don't have to fight like that anymore for my very survival.

6. I love my dog. So much. I know this sort of goes without saying, but I was talking to my friend Paulie today about her, and the story of how I got her and whatnot, and I was just sitting there thinking, wow, I'm just really so blessed to have her as my furry little sidekick.

7. The beach. I really, really, really love the beach. And we're going next weekend!! I'm starting to get really excited about this trip (even if the planning committee still can't quite get its shit together). There's going to be about 17 of us, I think. 13 doctors, two spouses (well, one spouse, one spouse-ish), one pharmacist, and a Tyler. Friday night to Sunday. I just hope the weather cooperates...although, honestly? I'm not sure I even care. Rain at the beach is still at the beach.

8. Something that's brewing that I can't quite tell you about yet. Not sure it really qualifies as "love" as much as "scared shitless," but, I love that I'm even entertaining the idea of it. Not to be cryptic or anything.

9. I love that you people still read this drivel I write.

10. I so totally love that there's a three day weekend in my immediate future. It may well be filled with unpacking and note writing and cleaning and gym time (and SLEEP!), but, that sounds like a good three days to me.

3 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

Sounds good to me, too. All of it, actually.

penguinshrink said...

You? Cryptic? Nah... ;)

Anonymous said...

Thursday Love---back to you!

I love my family of one son, DIL and GD over in Marion and one daughter SIL and GD up in Chicago area.

I love the fact they put up with me, humor me and love me too.

I love the days and time spent with far away GD who makes me smile and laugh.

I love my INDEPENDENCE and don't ANYONE try to take it away from me.

I love to stitch, knit and quilt.

I love my computer ( thanks to daughter who got me started on this thing) and keeps me going which is my window to the world. The turkeys and deer that walk by are somewhat "anti-social"! They don't talk.

I love friends who are quilters, and stitchers AND NOW KNITTERs but live in next town (30 miles one way).

I love my life----could be better and could be worse!!!!!!

and finally I love your "writings, ramblings, pictures" and that you put up with me too.

Love and enjoy Carol

Bookmark and Share