Friday, October 09, 2009

Done! (Well, almost...)

I'm on vacaaaa-tion. I'm on vacaaaa-tion.

You know, except for the pile of work I need to finish first.

And I think there's some snoozing that needs to happen before that.

I left things pretty well organized at work. I think. My away message is on my voicemail and my email. I left a ten-page annotated census of my outpatients for Mikaela (who's covering my voicemail). Peng is covering my inpatients next week, Sparrow the week after. I turned off my computer. I put myself on "Not Pageable" status and ::gasp!:: turned my pager physically off. I left it on my desk (amazing!).

I did some laundry. I balled the yarn I finished spinning last night in a bout of insomnia. I pulled out my suitcase.

Tomorrow is going to be a lot of work...I need to do laundry. I need to pack. I need to tackle that giganmous pile of overdue paperwork. I have a couple of things I need to buy, still. I have to decided if I can get there and back in one suitcase or two.

Today was, of course, long. And hectic. And weird in a couple of ways. I got into a couple of really good conversations with coworkers. I got really frustrated about one particular interaction, still feel kind of conflicted about it. Oh, but I had an awesome hour with my supervisor today. Wow, did I mention how much I just really, really like him?? I got some stuff done, I left at 6:30 or so... all in all, not a bad last day before a good long vacay.

Because, regardless....it's still VACATION!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The adrenlin will be put into action and "away you go" off into the wild blue yonder!

All the prep work for this VACATION will be well worth the effort.

Enjoy Enjoy enjoy Carol
PS: glad to hear about winding up a ball of yarn will fit nicely in carry-on bag! ! ! ! But in our "warped world" would they think you would use it to TIE up a person. Hehehehe

Bookmark and Share