Friday, June 20, 2008

But who's counting?

65 minutes until the moonlighter comes. At least, she called me at 4:30 and said, hey, fyi, I'm an 8:00 moonlighter, not a 5:00 moonlighter - as I mentioned, they get paid handsomely for their time here, so a lot of the moonlighters, particularly the senior ones who make more money and have fewer clinical responsibilities at Big Hospital, tend to show up for their shifts as soon as they're done with their day at Big Hospital (or, you know, an hour after that, by the time they drive here). I appreciate her letting me know, though. Otherwise you spend roughly the hour of 4:30 to 5:30 waiting for the pager to go off, wondering, are they going to come early? Are they here yet? Are they just in traffic but still coming early? Which then leads to a 3 hour post-big-disappointment depression when you realize, no, they're not going to be here until 8...

It's not that I don't want to work. It's that...okay, it's that I'm a little tired of intern hours.

Not to mention today -

Okay, that's just spooky.

I was about to type "-has been a little slow. Okay, more along the lines of painfully boring," and the pager goes off. With someone for me to see in admissions.

Weird.

Oh! But at least it's something for me to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weirdo...

Bookmark and Share