Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How they rolled, old school

My dad's been scanning all his old 35mm slides into digital pictures. He sent me this one because it's got his legendary old dog Jack (famed in song and story) in the background.


This was, what, around 1940? Love the knobby-kneed, vintage-bike, no leash law nostalgia of it all. Also love the striped socks, Dad. And how cute is Jack?

What I loved most about this picture is how it was titled "The 70th Street Gang." There you have it, folks. My pops the OG and his beeyotches, rollin up in they whipz old school. He and the blonde wuz dogged by the po'po, word.

My dad, back in his 'banger days. Even whiter than I am, which is hard to do right at this very moment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate-
I am howling.

Anonymous said...

Kate-I saved this pic in my file, and named it "unclelol". Once, when I was about 6 or 7, I was writing your parents a thank you note. My best guess of how to spell your dad's name was... lol. You'll never guess what my mother did- yup, she laughed out loud. (And made me start over). If only we knew what that would mean in a couple of decades.

Paige said...

Now that is funny.

I would like to hear the Jack songs

DK said...

D - I laughed out loud myself at that! Too funny. My grandfather never got my dad's name right, either - he was always either "Lou" or "Low", including on his birthday checks.

For those who are wondering, my dad's name is Lowell.

Speaking of whom...Dad? Were there Jack songs?

Anonymous said...

NO

Dad

Bookmark and Share