Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday, Monday...

So I'm back at State Hospital this month. For the whole month, as of today, because the decision came down that Other State Hospital is going to move its residents to New State Hospital on the previously decided date, but our residents aren't moving until August. To which I say, what? It makes me a little grumpy, frankly. Because we keep getting screwed around.

The milieu is a little scary right now. In anticipation of the move, they stopped all the programming. So the patients are all just sort of sitting around being on top of each other. Which, you know, with a state hospital population, gets ugly fast. Plus, I inherited this huge service from my soon-to-be neighbor (we'll call her Sparrow). My census, today, is bigger than any two of the other services combined. I only had one new patient from the weekend, whom I evaluated, and then discharged. And I saw a couple of other patients. I could've done more, like, sought out all the patients and introduced myself and said, hey, how are ya? But every time I walked through the throng it was - "Hey, you! I need this! When am I leaving? What about that? When am I going to get to go outside? Hey! YOU!" And like, six, ten of them at once all doing this, whether I'm their doctor or not. So I spent most of the day hiding, and reading their bios, and then I snuck out ("snuck") at 4. Thinking, oh, I'm going to get so much work done! Because after I got the estimate, I decided I'm not going to have the movers pack me. And, yeah, still haven't packed a single box. So what did I do? I promptly fell asleep.

Oy.

But in related and more amusing news, I am now a card-carrying member (there will be cards, right, Barb?) of a new and exciting organization, Clutter Run Amok, Perchance. Because I'm already up to my ears in crap. And I want to de-crap. I need to de-crap. Which mostly means I need to stop with the napping. So, de-crap and de-nap.

Which probably means I should finish the laundry and go to bed.

3 comments:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Heya Kate.

(You sick of me yet?)

The rule my dad had after my first semester of college was:

If it's not in a box, it's not going.

Put it to use here. If you cannot pack it, you don't need it. Yarn not included in this assessment. Basically you just have to be able to contain it.

DK said...

(No)

I refuse to pack Maggie in a box. But beyond that, not a bad principle.

Tiny Tyrant said...

Hehe - yeah animate objects don't count.

Bookmark and Share