Sunday, August 10, 2008

Not a lot of excitement...

I still really adore a day off. I also really like a productive day. Fortunately, today I had both.

I slept in until - are you ready for it? - eleven today. I never sleep that late! And I went to bed not all that late last night...again, around eleven.

Sparrow said that she spent much of her first month of second year kind of walking around in a fog, and spent a good portion of the first couple of weeks asleep. I've been gradually catching up on some of the things that have fallen to the side.

Today I started out back at the Starbucks (did I mention I finally, FINALLY finished all of my discharge summaries from intern year?). They closed the Starbucks in downtown Chapel Hill, so a few of the Baristas have come over to the Starbucks I like in Durham. One of them is this British guy who sounds exactly like Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean, for those of you who live in a hole, who was actually Johnny Depp, who is actually not at all British). Rather looks a bit like him, too, come to think of it, if Jack Sparrow were an early 20-something, heavily tattooed coffee slinger, rather than, you know, a fictitious pirate. But I do so enjoy his accent.

And then I went to the Whole Foods, and for once, I actually made a list. I think I'm going to go back to my six small meals a day plan for a while. I've worked with a collection of dietitians in my day. One of them was awesome. One was okay. The others, I have to say, totally didn't get it. I'll let you in on a secret - most anyone with an eating disorder could be a dietitian. We all know the calories and amounts and ratios and portion sizes and blah, blah, blah. So, that's really not what we need help with. Marilyn, the world's best dietitian ever (who is sadly in Florida), spent all of our time working on normalized eating, mindfulness, triggers, and balance. Know the difference? She's recovering from an eating disorder. Anyway, Marilyn the Fabulous and I had this whole checklist thing figured out. And I've noticed (when I'm paying attention) that my blood sugar's tanking in the afternoons, especially with this walking to work and all that. So we'll see.

So, anyway, groceries. Came home, did laundry, did a bajillion and a half dishes. Played with the pups (Maxine is over). Made dinner eventually. Watched a lot of SVU (I love USA). Met the new neighbors. All in all, a nice little Sunday off.

Tomorrow, of course I have a jam-packed clinic schedule. As is the case on Tuesday. I'm hoping I've got the routine down a little better this time around. We'll see how it goes....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you for getting the d/c summaries all out of the way! Bet that feels really good, hm? (It did for me.)

Bookmark and Share