Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Year 2, Day 2

Whew.

I'm tired. And my feet hurt. And I'm itchy.

No, no, I said itchy.

So I've been walking to work. Because I live a mile from the hospital. And it's all eco-friendly and more economical and good for me and shit. It's also uphill both ways (and, well, there's some downhill both ways, as it were) on some really uneven pavement. It's not really the distance that's uncomfortable, it's the wobbliness. Remember how I like to turn my ankles in and fall down a lot? Yeah. Haven't gone boom on the trail, yet, but my ankles aren't the best swivel joints, is alls I'm sayin'.

And it's also humid as hell and in the 90s out there.

So yesterday, I'm dragging my ass home, walking with Sparrow (who's my neighbor for another ten days, still), and we discussed the Great Falling Down Incident of Saturday Night. She says, "All of a sudden Mike and I were like, what are you doing on the ground? How did you get there?"

Too funny.

We got stopped by our landlord (who lives behind us. I mean, we were cutting through her yard) and her two dogs, and Maxine, and then of course I had to go get Maggie. And then, there had to be a rousing game of fetch (or, rather...Rags fetches, Maggie runs after Rags, James Brown runs after Maggie, and Maxine tries to herd everyone while barking a lot). And since Rags and Jimmy are little dogs, I of course had to sit down on the ground to play with them. And then I stood around in the backyard for a while. You know, at dusk. Around all the foliage and standing water. The mosquitoes sucked out so much blood I got dizzy. Then again, it's probably the West Nile.

Oy.

So, today, I had child clinic, and schizophrenia clinic. Child clinic was fun. I had two really cute kids. One (the one that wasn't 16) was this kid who, the last time she was seen, threw toys at the resident. Today, she drew me pictures of me and her together. Frankly, I think it's the ritalin.

My afternoon clinic was great, actually. I squeezed my bipolar lady who's a completely amazing artist in for an appointment just before that clinic, and she's doing great. All of my schizophrenics showed up, on time, being polite, and pleasant, and doing well. Two of them brought their moms. It was sweet.

I then dictated notes like a dervish (still with this "I, uh, I mean, the patient was, er, um..." all over the place), tried to dart home (ow, ow, ow, ow) and dashed to my shrink's office a mere five minutes late. And then I came home, and picked up Maxine ('cause Sparrow's on call), and am immediately accosted by my landlord for this month's rent (which I would've sent her a while ago, except the property I live in is about to change hands, so they told me not to send it until we figured out who to send it to). I still haven't located my checkbook (it's in a box, um, somewhere), which is normally okay, because I do all my banking online. But no, no, suddenly she wants a check, and she wants it rightnow. Fine, fine.

What a day.

Dude, I'm tired. Tomorrow should be easier, though....well, in theory....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need another counter.

Robin said...

I agree with Danielle!

Anonymous said...

Today's only a half-day, so that makes it easier, right?

Barb Matijevich said...

Cute. cute. CUTE puppies!!!

And I laughed out loud (sorry) at the "ow, ow, ow, ow," part.

Bookmark and Share