Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thinking outside the blog

I, just, had a weird day today. Not really a bad day, and I don't know that it was all that "stressful", but it was a really weird, anxious sort of day. Actually, everyone at work seemed to be having much the same kind of day. It started off poorly when I woke up at 8, having checked my calendar at 11pm last night and not had any patients scheduled for the morning, but upon waking up this morning I had one of those moments of, wellllllll, maybe I should just double (quadruple) check. And lo and behold, I had a 9am patient (crap!!). Whom, though, I really liked. And the rest of my patients today were all nice and stable. But it ended up just being a weird, stressful day.

So I bring you, tonight, some nice things from various other people's blogs. It's not an all-inclusive list of all the nice things I've seen on everyone's blogs today (like all of the growing-baby pictures! Aww!), but, it's a few.

First, check out what's been going on over at Crystal's blog. It's amazing. She has one heck of a kid, there (okay, so, she has three really remarkable kids). And then go eat at Red Robin. Maybe every night this week. The whole thing is just awesome.

Next, check out the pictures of Angie's wedding. Unbelievable. She looks amazing, Olivia looks beautiful, Rocky looks so very happy. Major props to Angie's mom for doing such a great job giving away the bride. And the scenery - oh, breathtaking! I'm totally loving the whole barefoot-on-the-beach thing.

It totally reminds me of Bianca's wedding, where I was, instead, barefoot in the forest (Ireland!!). I've been to a lot of weddings, and hers, by far, is still my favorite. Nothin' against the rest of y'all, many of whom have also had really fun and touching weddings, but, it was just so amazingly them...

(No, her wedding wasn't actually in Ireland...it's an inside joke....)

And, a really good YouTube video on Danielle's blog (oh, and the lyrics for it. Doesn't it sound like it should be an Ani DiFranco song?).

Tomorrow's going to be another long day, but, maybe I'll have something more to say about it....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally, totally knew you would like that song and that video. I thought the middle part was a little weird, where she talks about being conceived, but the rest is so beautiful.

f8ed 2 1der said...

Awww! Thanks!! Our big goal that day(or at least mine) was that everyone truly share OUR day and OUR joy.... I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it(and the champagne...:D)... What wonderful links... I LOVE that video... And of course, those babies!!! And I needed it yesterday too...Thank you!! Have a great day!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link. It was such an amazingly beautiful day.

Bookmark and Share