Tuesday, July 14, 2009

But on the plus side, now we get HBO.

My poor dog.

I finally get home, and I go to pick her up at the spa today, at the appointed time. And the guy behind the desk, with whom I'm on friendly terms, says to the runner, "Take your time getting Maggie - I've got to settle up with her first." And I was like, that's weird. Did my credit card not go through? They usually call me when that happens (not like they don't have the single most important piece of collateral I own, but, nonetheless). And he says, "You've got an injured dog."

I...I....what??!

Turns out poor Miss Maggie got into a "fence fight." There was a dog baiting her from the other side of the fence, and she swatted at him, and cut her paw pretty badly on the fence. This happened Sunday night. So they bandaged it, and Monday took her to their vet, who sedated her and stitched it up. Oh, and she's on antibiotics. And she's been just fine, typical Maggie, eating, hanging out, just with a funnel on her head.

And then, PS, he says, by the way, you owe the vet $400. Because your credit card expired, and we didn't have the updated date to give them.

I don't even know where to start with this.

First of all, my dog is hilarious. She's fine. I think her paw hurts, but she forgets about it. She constantly runs into stuff with the cone. Cleo was kind enough to let me bring her over tonight when I went for dinner with the new second years, and she was a HOOT. My favorite part was when I caught her trying to drink out of Cleo's toilet with the cone on. And she was bouncing off the walls, and the furniture, and people, because her head is suddenly much wider than it was previously. To sniff the grass, she basically has to put her head straight down.

It was...oh, my God, it was so funny. She's just so cute....

But needless to say, the conehead hat came off for a while. I was starting to worry about Cleo's paint...

But I made her put it back on to sleep tonight. Because I cannot stay up and make sure she doesn't mess with her paw. She's currently sprawled out next to me on my bed and the collar is poking me in the armpit. She's dreaming at the moment and wagging her tail in her sleep, so she can't be that upset about the whole thing, I suppose.

So she has to go back to a vet - maybe OUR vet this time (you know, the place where we have VET INSURANCE, and discount prescription coverage, and things like that) - on Thursday to get her bandage changed, and again in 10 days to get the stitches out.

I'm actually fairly annoyed that they didn't call me. He was like, well, I didn't want to worry you, and it wasn't really an emergency. Fine. But a, if you're going to run up a bill like that, you call me first. You sedate my dog, you call me first. And more importantly, MY DOG HAS A CONE HEAD. My puppy hurt herself. No, I wouldn't have rushed back or anything like that, but, I'd like to know these things.

My one friend, who's local, takes her dog to a different daycare in town. They have webcams so you can see your dog 24/7 online. That's suddenly a lot more appealing...

My poor baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seriously, they should have called you, esp if there was going to be a vet visit and money involved!!!

poor sweet mags

Bookmark and Share