Sunday, July 05, 2009

Worn out

So it's just after midnight. I got home a little while ago. That? Was a fabulous wedding.

We (as a group) started the day with lunch at this rather nice little place in town. The 'maids, and Peng, and Peng's mom all went. And then we went to some little Asian nail place that was open today and had said they could accommodate us all. The 'maids got French manicures, Peng got sparkly silver nails. It was very relaxing, a nice time, and good fun.

Then we went back to the Presidential Suite (where Peng and Chef are staying, and Peng stayed there last night) and chilled for a while, and then the 'maids got all fussed up. One of the other 'maids did my hair, and it looked great. We got our dresses on, we got our Chuck Taylors laced up, we put on the wonderful handmade freshwater pearls that Peng gave us as attendants' gifts. And then we fussed around her, and primped, and fluffed, and straightened, and swirled, and then we tied her up into her dress. It was gorgeous. And then - they got married!

Peng looked amazing. The weather was absolutely perfect (the ceremony was out doors). The ceremony was lovely, and included a reading from Babylon 5, of all things (it was actually quite well stated). The other guests watched us from their balconies. There was a guy in a robe watching the wedding. It was hysterical. We went back and took sweet pictures, cute pictures, and silly pictures, including many pics of the shoes and one of the men holding Chef up, and one of US holding Chef up. The men were amused that we didn't seem to have nearly as much trouble as they did (Gomer would be proud).

The reception was awesome. Absolutely amazing food - which, I guess you can't expect anything different when the groom and half the groomsmen are chefs. We changed mine to the vegetarian option at the last minute (yesterday), and wow, I have to tell you, that was one of the best vegetarian meals I've ever had. And the desserts - incredible. The cake was almond cake with white buttercream filling and passionfruit icing. It was awesome. And then they had assortments of little tiny desserts as well, which were delightful.

And then, of course, there was the dancing. The music was great, the dance floor was a heck of a good time. We boogied down with Benny and Sparrow and Cleo, Ruthie and Mary and my new bridesmaid buddies, and Magical Corrina the All-Knowing and Magical Elise the Learning-It-All. I finally got a dance with Matthew at the end of the night (who was even more of a hoot at the bachelorette party yesterday, ps). Mary caught the bouquet, my groomsman caught the garter (which I knitted, and which turned out awesome, by the way).

So now, I'm exhausted, and my feet hurt, and I smell (a lot). But I really just think the whole night was just wonderful. It was a good, good time.

And big congratulations to PenguinShrink and Chef. I'm so honored you asked me to be a part of this. I love you guys!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there too---you just didn't see me. It truly was a beautiful wedding.

I was once a bridesmaid and it truly was a lifelong remembrance and to this day----we laugh, giggle, stitch together, ( I can't get her to knit ) and have a great time. Too many years to count.

All this is over the phone as they live in Texas while we live here in Tenn.

Friendships forever.

I enjoyed----hope you can share a couple of pics

You enjoy too Carol

Anonymous said...

Ah! Ha! I hope you are still recovering from that beautiful wedding.

So instead I will "Blog" you.

Mother Nature provided her own fireworks Sat. night in our "shopping town" of Murray. She planted one tornado ( no one hurt) and a bunch of other Bam's Pows, Zap! We were in Wallyworld and oh my.

But since I am here all is Ok. A bunch of trees and wires but the fireworks was put off till Sunday night.

Enjoy enjoy Carol

Tiny Tyrant said...

Congrats Peng!

PICS!

Bookmark and Share