Saturday, July 25, 2009

New and awesome

My mom got a new car today. These are the speakers in the tailgate. Not that my family does a lot of tailgating, but, that's just cool.

It was a lovely Saturday here in NC. Slept in a little, did some stuff, went to Starbucks, then FedEx, then had to drive to the CH to jump through some hoops for a class I want to take. Spent an hour at the gym (my feet hurt). Came home, screwed around, showered, watched part of the 16 and Pregnant finale (I'm officially addicted to that show; still not crazy about Dr. Drew). Then went to wine tasting with Peng, which was delightful. Good company, good wine, and my stash is growing nicely. And Peng was going for a late dinner with Chef, so I met up with Ruthie again. We went clothes hunting at TJ Maxx (Ruthie's favorite hunting ground), and found a couple of tops for me, and this really awesome shawl/wrap thing (I'm thinking it'd be a nice beach cover up, which I'm always looking for) that has all this really nice Sanskrit lettering and it's really sort of om-ish an pretty...and then has "Freak" enbroidered in the one corner. I...don't get it, but I bought it anyway, because if I can successfully hide that corner, its gorgeous. We then went to a local burger joint for dinner and Smoothie King after that (have I mentioned that this is Ruthie's latest obsession?), and sat outside for a while and talked about out past lives (hers in surgery and mine at the Emerald Palace). All in all, it was a lovely evening.

Meanwhile, all the grapes I planted on FarmTown (a Facebook game I'm currently a little addicted to, for those who don't know) died because I left them alone too long. This made me smile a little when I got home and realized this. I thought, yeah, real life wins out every time.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share