Thursday, July 16, 2009

Love my pup Thursday

I have the world's best dog.

We went back to the vet today to get the dressing changed. Ms. Mags was a champ. She was not super thrilled to be participating in this mess, but she laid still and let the vet mess with her and didn't snip, or fuss, or even pull her foot away, despite the vet pulling apart her toes and looking at the suture line and fussing with the gauze and whatnot. She almost fell asleep by the end, which I credit to the hypnotic nose stroking of her owner. We go back in a week for suture removal.

She's eating a little better, too. Apparently the key was Beneful wet meals. We also found these Pill Pockets by the Greenies people at PetSmart today, which she gobbled right down, despite earlier shunning of both cheese AND peanut butter.

And I bought her new silly boots at PetSmart today, because our goal for the next week is to keep her bandage clean and dry. She tolerates the one on her bandaged paw just fine, but when I put one on her back foot, she went back to the funny goose-stepping. It was amusing. But she hasn't been messing with her bandage at all, and I've only been making her wear the cone when I'm not home.

She's such a good girl.

In other news, I go back to work tomorrow. I rescheduled my appointment with my trainer from today to tomorrow at 5, so I have to book it out of there after my last therapy appointment at 2, which means, I think, that I'm going in wicked early to get caught up with all the stuff that my wonderful officemates have been keeping at bay for the last two weeks. Thank goodness there's a weekend coming up...I think this one-day work week is a wonderful idea....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love my pup "everyday". So glad to hear she is doing just fine.

We once a black lab who broke her front paw (like our wrist) and she was a hoot. She got so she could run on 3 legs like a football player with his arm outstretched ready to do battle with a tackler. Her "sock" was duck tape.

Enjoy Carol
PS assume knitting was fun.

Bookmark and Share