Saturday, July 11, 2009

Joy and sorrow

They so often go together, you know?

I had a lovely day, here, personally. Lots of family around, good food, good conversation, good party. My relatives are crazy. My aunt Aphrodite told a story involving the word "bj". My cousins Gina and Candy showed up later and helped me put away the table and chairs (not light lifting!) and we had a good visit with them. It was delightful.

I logged on to Facebook afterwards and discovered that one of my (everyone's) favorite Humanities professors had died. I think he was in his 50s. Apparently he had a heart attack. Rest in peace, JSP.

But while all of this was going on here...remember how I blogged earlier in the week about how Tyler's fried was dying of testicular cancer? Well, Tuesday, he asked his girlfriend of three years to marry him. She, naturally, said yes, and the whole community pulled together to get the wedding planned in a mere four days. Tyler texted me last night and said that the local Fox affiliate had done a piece on them.

It's really lovely.



There's footage of the actual ceremony online as well, here.

Tragic. Beautiful. And really hopeful.

1 comment:

robin said...

oh i have created a puddle.

Bookmark and Share