Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ho, ho, ho (reprise)!!

So, remember last December, when my girls from my knitting group back home and I did a Secret Santa exchange? That went so well, we decided to do it again, with a little Christmas in July twist. They had a little festivizing back home at Lorna's abode, for actual swapping in person. Those of us who are not exactly in distance to drop-in had to settle for the mail-order equivalent.

I? Am a dork who could not get my package together and in the hands of FedEx in time for it to get there for the party today (without paying $60 in shipping costs, which - no). But! Fortunately for me, Valerie is much more organized. Look what I got!!

Everything came wrapped in festive paper (impressive, in the middle of the off-season!). But look what was in it!!

(Val knows my favorite color is red.) There were also Dove dark chocolates in the box, mmmm-mmmmmm.

Heritage sock yarn from Cascade, in a lovely solid red...

...and in a really cool multi.

And a ball of Schoppel Wolle Zauberball self-striping sock yarn.

Wheeeeee, the socks!! The socks I can be knitting!

And...

The best of all accessories, to facilitate knitting of socks. In red. I love it.

Thanks, Valerie!!!!

And in other fiber news, I signed up (officially - I've been unofficially signed up for a couple of days now) for a spinning class next month. The one with the wheel and the spindle, not the one with the stationary bikes and the screaming instructor. I'm excited!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some are in the "Pink" but you are in the "Red".

Oh such beautiful colors---I am not a red person but admire those that are- - - -

The Christmas in July was sensational. It was my first and oh oh oh! ! !

Just got home and will take pics of my Santa's Secrets.

Njoy

Bookmark and Share