Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Fragments

It's been a while since I did the whole "Friday Fragments" thing. But today was sort of all over, so it seemed fitting. Even if it is Tuesday.

****************************
I spent a lot of time on the NOAA website today. I felt better. I now feel worse. The entire Eastern Carolina coast is under a hurricane watch right now. Seriously, if Earl invites himself along to our beach retreat, I'm going to lose my damn mind.
****************************
I actually said the words today, "We had a big argument over Costco." That should just never be uttered.
****************************
Hurricanes always remind me of a particular man from my past, who lived (lives? Who knows) in Hurricane Alley and allegedly threw a hell of a hurricane party. I learned more about hurricane proofing than I ever wanted to from him. Who knew it might actually turn out to be relevant?
****************************
I got my stuff today for the conference I'm going to in New York in October. That made me a little giddy.
****************************
Overheard on my walk in to work the other day (remember - hospital in the middle of a college campus): "I'm not sure this geology class is worth the half hour walk to class. I mean, I pass like fifty rocks on the way there, why not just study those?"
****************************
Corny Joke #1 I heard at the Starbucks at work today: "Skeleton walks into a bar. He orders a beer and a mop."
****************************
Corny Joke #2 I heard at Starbucks today: "Helium walks into a bar. The bartender says, hey, we don't serve inert gasses here! Helium doesn't react."
****************************
Corny co-worker joke I heard today: "I bit into a pumpkin muffin and was like, 'wow, this is fantastic! Oh my gourd!!'"
****************************
TV quote I love du jour: "Broken bodies are easier to mend than broken minds." From NCIS, about PTSD.
****************************
Tomorrow my coffee shop is celebrating its 10 year anniversary. I'm excited about the discount. And wish them another 10.
****************************
The hurricane is going to miss us. The hurricane is going to miss us. The hurricane is going to miss us. 
****************************
I really like my coffee people. I'm a little bummer that after I get back I'm going to have to get to work earlier and not linger so long at the coffee shop in the morning.
****************************
I really need to go to bed. I haven't been getting out of bed so well in the mornings...

No comments:

Bookmark and Share