Saturday, December 15, 2007

Blehhhh....

I'm sick.

Which is so annoying.

I think it's the flu or some other viral thingamajig. I'm running a temp, I've got chills, my throat's all patchy, my joints are weirdly achy, my stomach's all grumbly. I've been fighting it for a few days, and really, it was just a matter of time. My attending was out sick a few days this month, the social worker on my team was out sick for a while, the psychologist we worked with was out sick for a good long while...it's been going around. And while I'm tempted to say "Hmm, glad I got that flu shot, that clearly worked out well for me," it's probably why I made it this long without getting sick.

So I've dedicated the rest of the day to lying on the couch hiding under blankets trying to actually warm up (and because, dude, I start Family Medicine tomorrow, I need to be all recovered and ready). And in flipping the channels I came across the CMT Crossroads episode with Joss Stone and Leann Rimes.



On the whole, I'm not a huge Joss Stone fan. But the two of them really had great chemistry. And say what you will about Leann Rimes and her corny, twangy old stuff, the girl has pipes. I did spend most of the episode really distracted by her shoes, though. What were those about? (I loved that Stone was barefoot, too.)

I think I had more to say about that. But I don't know, I'm going back under the blankets. Enjoy the video.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I hope you feel better soon. And since you are an excellent doctor and are treating yourself, I am sure that will be the case.

Barb Matijevich said...

Feel better! I wondered what was up with you. I hope Maggie is keeping you warm.

And thanks for the video. I like Joss Stone but I've never seen her perform with shoes on, ever. And I think Leann Rimes was really able to break into country music as a serious singer because she was so powerful a singer. I honestly think that if she'd tried to do that in pop music, it would have been Debbie Gibson all over again. You may be too young to remember Debbie Gibson... but I guess that's kind of my point.

DK said...

Dude, of course I remember Debbie Gibson! Just how young do you think I am? My friends and I used to wear those black hats like she always had on for a while there. You know, with the brim, no quite a bowler, I don't remember what they're called...

Bookmark and Share