Sunday, December 09, 2007

So this is December in the south...

I had to turn the heat off yesterday. Today, I'm sitting around in a tank top with the patio door open. It's 72 degrees out right now. Although, earlier in the week it was in the high 20s.

And I kind of miss snow. Although on Friday we had something like 70 accidents during morning rush hour because - allegedly. I mean, I sure didn't see any of it, but I guess I believe it happened - there was a little freezing rain. Our treatment team nurse got stuck in it for three hours. Yuck.

I made it to the Fresh Market today, finally. And got interesting things, like a pomegranate. I'm not quite sure what to do with a pomegranate, frankly, but I'm pretty sure I flipped through at least three recipes yesterday that discussed pomegranate.

In knitting news, I finished the Black Cherry Bag. Sort of.



Except it won't felt.

Well, it'll felt a little.

It felts enough that the mohair pops out and makes it nice and fuzzy and soft. But, you can clearly still see the stitch definition. And it shrunk more heightwise than lengthwise - like, a lot - so it's really rectangular if you don't fold in the sides, which is how I'd planned to leave it. And I'm out of ideas for making it felt any harder. I ran it through my washer, which didn't work very well. But okay, it's a front loader, I've heard they may not work very well for felting. So I wandered over to the laundry room and ran it through the entire cycle of the complex's commercial Speed Queen. And even that didn't work. So I tried the thing of putting it wet in the dryer with a big wet bath towel and running it on high heat. Which I did for a total of 30 minutes. And I got nothin'. So, I guess it's felted as much as it's going to. I'm a little disappointed. And I'm not super thrilled with how it turned out in general. It's shorter than I'd hoped. And it sheds more than Maggie right now. Ah, well....

1 comment:

Barb Matijevich said...

I think it's beautiful but I can imagine when you look at it, all you can see is frustration. You should put some handles on it and give that puppy away.

(Puppy referring to the bag. Never would I suggest that you give Maggie away.)

Bookmark and Share