Monday, December 24, 2007

Fur and fun things

Maggie finally got her haircut today. She's so naked!!

And this would be why Maggie got a haircut.....

Seriously. The hair was out of control.

Maggie has a slightly different take on the day's events...

(Is that not the cutest picture, ever, of my dog? And look, now you can see her supercool Tarheels collar!)

So anyhow. When we got home from Petsmart, there was a mysterious box on our front step. It rattled! You know how I love presents, so I was very excited. Maggie also thought the present was very exciting, which made me think it must contain food and/or dog treats. Turns out, I think it just smelled like cats. Because when I opened it, it contained this:

Exciting, right? Well, look what happens when you open it:


It's yarn! And a pattern! And lavender-scented shea butter! And not just any yarn and pattern and lavender-scented shea butter. Hand-dyed sock yarn from Jen of Knitting Like Crazy. Sarah's December Nights sock pattern. And the shea butter is from Mother Earth and You, which is local to the yarn store. Yes, folks, it's one of the December Nights Sock Club Kits from Peggy's Strands of Heaven in Plainfield, IL. Sarah, of course, designed the December Nights sock. It's this very cool toe-up pattern that starts with a little knitted rectangle instead of the goofy figure-eight cast-ons everyone is always arguing about that never quite get tight enough and etc, etc, etc. So, so cool. And now I have one of my very own! Thanks, Sarah!! You totally made my holiday (sniff, sniff)!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cold naked dog, these days!

Sarah said...

Isn't the puppy cold?
Glad you got the sock kit. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

your dog is adorable! I have heard that some of the really high quality dog foods (like Solid Gold) will reduce shedding. I don't know if it's true though.

Bookmark and Share