Monday, December 31, 2007

Stripey Brown Socks!

FINALLY.


I started these stupid lovely and wonderful socks in May, I think. My dad was supposed to get one for his birthday (July) and one for Christmas. But the first one went so fast, I got excited and gave him the first one around Father's Day, and thought, oh, hey, no problem, I'll have this done by July!

I finished them yesterday.

They're cute, though, huh? And very comfy. They're Austerman Step, so, with the jojoba and aloe right in the yarn.And of course what did I do, except cast on the next sock.


And, okay, I hate this yarn. I have many skeins of lovely sock yarn which I like very much. So why do I keep reaching for this one?


And that's not totally fair. Love the yarn (Jitterbug, which of course gets that Wham! song going in my head). It's the color I hate. It looks so good in the ball. Okay, that's not true. It looks so whimsical in the ball. As a sock, it just looks....obnoxious.

I'm knitting this on the Addi Lace needles I bought when I bought the yarn. They're like 40", which, for the record, is way too long, even for magic loop. And they stink. Stink. But I do like the pointiness a lot.

Maggie and I are ringing in the new year in style tonight. That style being, um, super casual. I'm hanging out with my dog tonight. Hopefully at least one of us will still be awake at midnight. We ordered pizza (it was very NY style, which, fine, but it was just okay) and will have hot chocolate (well, just me) and I'll do some reading and some knitting and Mags will nap and snuggle and we'll watch a lot of CSI. Maybe next year I'll do something out and fun and enjoy my wild single life, but this year....besides, who's more fun than my pup?


Incidentally, I'm now completely addicted to The Daily Coyote (see the link in the sidebar at right). I cannot get over how much Charlie looks like Maggie. In build, attitude, deportment. And his love of cats. Plus he's just so darn cute.


Happy new year, everyone!!

6 comments:

Sandra @ The Memory Workshop said...

yep, I can see where you'd think there's a resemblance. It's in the eyes. (found my way here from daily coyote)

Nice socks too, by the way :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too.

Lorna' Mom Carol

LizzieK8 said...

HPN and great socks. I love the colorful pair, too, though. I dyed some yarn similar to that but haven't knit them up yet...

Tiny Tyrant said...

Honey - if you hate the yarn that much send it my way. I probably have something in my stash I can trade you for it.

Anonymous said...

Love the socks!

Sarah said...

New socks for a new year. I think it's the way to go. About time on those though :P

Bookmark and Share