Friday, December 14, 2007

What in the world.....?

I'm at State Hospital right now (I'm technically on call again, but it's short call, and my moonlighter should be here by 5, which is good, despite the fact that this makes me on call every-other-day and the students AND the other intern AND the social worker all got to work a half day today on this totally gorgeous sunny day not that I'm bitter why no not at all). And I'm walking down the hall, and I see this patient. Who is not my patient, so I don't really know what the heck her story is.

And she's standing in a doorway, braced against the door frame. With a sheet of paper on her head. And on top of that is a paper cup of water, which she's holding in place. And she's deeply engrossed in a conversation with someone who doesn't actually appear to be there.

Even by psych ward standards, that's weird.

2 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

Dude, it's less than 200 days until you're not an intern anymore!

What do you mean, it's weird to stand with paper and a cup of water on your head, while holding a conversation with an imaginary person? Doesn't everyone?

Valerie said...

Well, at least she was just talking and not shouting....I am sure you finished your shift with your usual aplomb and did something fun.

Bookmark and Share