Sunday, December 02, 2007

WIPs

I know this rarely passes for a knitting blog, but note the addition of the "On The Needles" list on the sidebar. Really, there's an ulterior motive for this, which would be to add them as I come across them (there's a whole bag full of UFOs upstairs I haven't even tackled) and then maybe that will actually make me finish them. So then maybe I can start on all the projects that are mere balls of yarn right now.

I have a lot of yarn. But then, I did get paid in yarn for a year...

So, maybe I'll actually finish something one of these days, and then maybe I'll add a list of things that are done. But, in the meantime, here's what's actively being knitted right now...

The aforementioned hat of the hat-mitten-scarf combo. The hat is done, as I mentioned. It's a cute beanie kind of thing, but it's kind of boring. And then the inch or so of knitting on the Magic Loop needle underneath it is the beginning of one of the mitts.


Here's a detail of the mini-cables.

And then there's the Black Cherry bag. I'm nicking the pattern from a bag Sarah made (okay, so, I'm making up the pattern as I go along to kind of look like her bag - I really like the way the handles are done - which she made up the pattern for as she went along...but if it's successful, maybe I'll post the pattern). I'm a little disappointed in the way the color is landscaping, but, eh. We'll see how it looks when it felts.

I also got Maggie a new collar today, because her old one was falling apart. It's a very snazzy Tarheels collar, which will undoubtedly last until probably the fifth or so time that someone calls her "boy" or "him", and then we'll go back to a pink collar (I know it's hard to tell gender on a dog without getting sort of up close and personal. But a pink collar says, "hello, I'm a GIRL", right up front). Anyway, I tried to take a picture of it, but she was having none of that.

Ah well.

1 comment:

Tiny Tyrant said...

DK,

Maggie is gorgeous.

Are those white eyes (husky mix maybe) I see, or am I just blind (probably the latter) :-)?

The hat and bag you've finished recently are lovely.

Have a good rest of the week if you can and I'm hoping your place doesn't burn down. Mags wouldn't like that at all I bet.

Bookmark and Share