Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Mags and I had a very useless weekend. I got pretty much nothing done.


This is how she spent most of her time.

I, on the other hand....well, I spent a lot a time doing kind of the same thing. But last night I went over to my pseudo-aunt and uncle's to watch Gone With the Wind. Which I had never seen, and they were appalled that I could consider living in the South and not have seen the most quintessentially Southern movie ever made. Fair enough. Definitely epic. Although I have to say, Scarlett...oy. I really have so many things to say about Miss Katie Scarlett. But I'll stick to a rough tally of the times I rolled my eyes and moaned, "Oh, my God." Which I'm estimating at about fifteen. Hey, it was a four hour movie.

Today I had lunch with a med student I worked with on Neuro. It was nice. We spent like three hours chatting. Mostly talking psych. At which she's very adept. I was more than a little disappointed when she told me she was thinking of doing OB/Gyn. I kind of wanted to shake her a little and give her some speech to the effect of "don't make the same mistake I did!" Except that she's precisely the kind of person who needs to be in OB/G. ::sigh:: Kind of like I was. Good with patients, empathetic, has a good appreciation of the psychological things that influence women's health. You know, that whole biopsychosociocultural model of health care that's the new buzzword of psychiatric care. But I did tell her a little more about what went down at the Emerald Palace so she can properly warn her colleagues to stay far, far, far away.

And I got some laundry done. And some dishes. But nowhere near the amount of work I wanted to get done. Ah, well.

I did take some gratuitous cute pictures of my dog, though. This one's my favorite.


I'm on call tomorrow night again. Ahhhh, good times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read the book. I hate the movie, but love the book, mainly because I think the movie does Scarlett a major disservice.

Anonymous said...

When my obgyn came in to deliver Annalise, I remember thinking, wow, she's so lucky, she gets to watch these miracles all the time. Then, I remembered all the crazy pregnant women she has to deal with, and I was like, hmm, maybe not so lucky.

Anonymous said...

D@mn that dog is cute!

Paige said...

Everyone deserves a weekend off sometimes--I just got most of one and I feel like a new person!

Bookmark and Share