Saturday, March 29, 2008

Things that make you go...ARGH!

So, you might notice that the amount of days on my timer at right has gone up...

Oh, I can't tell you how pissed I am.

So you might remember that little debacle with my licensure after the evil jackasses at the Emerald Palace tried to screw me up. For those of you who don't, well, the evil jackasses at the Emerald Palace continued their two year run of harassment in turn for my treachery of leaving by sending a libelous and distorted "verification" of my training there. Which resulted in my license being delayed by three weeks until I ultimately had to go meet with a board member who was like, why the hell not? It's just a training license.

Well.

Until this week everyone seemed to be conveniently forgetting that three week delay. Which seems fair, because I didn't get any credit at all for the time served up north. Until the new chiefs took over, and so I get this email. Telling me that not only is the start of my second year being delayed for a month because of this, I have to do another month of crisis, and take another month of intern call, AND my "intern" year is being extended ELEVEN DAYS LONGER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S.

Eleven days.

Eleven days longer. Than any of the other interns. This will come out of my last year experience, he says.

So now I've done 10 months of internship in OB/G. I'll have done a full internship in psychiatry. And then I get to take almost two weeks out of my fourth year, so I could do even MORE internship. And they won't make any sort of allowance. They won't let me do clinic part time in July. They won't let me be in the second year call pool instead of the intern call pool (oh, but there'll be 5 interns on that month, so we'll be on every fifth night instead of every fourth. Big conciliation).

And the man behind the curtain wins again.

That's really the issue. Not the extra month. I can do another month on crisis, whatever. I can do the extra call. But I reserve the right to feel jilted about it.

In other news, the pine pollen has arrived in North Carolina.

It runs in sulfuric rivulets with the rain and it coats everything, inside and out. It's like the worst dust you can imagine.

Pine pollen is my nemesis.


My nose is running. My eyes itch. My throat hurts. I'm wheezing and squeaking by the time I walk into the hospital from the parking lot in the morning. I'm not sleeping well. I'm tired, I'm sore, from these puddled masses yearning to be trees.

And apparently, I make terrible puns in response to the pollenosis.



Maggie's dealing with it okay, though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it really called the Emerald Palace?
I am really bummed, like you are. I was so excited about breaking a hundred.
PS- the word verification for this comment is qzbigsob.
(Big SOB???)

DK said...

It's a Wizard of Oz reference, obviously. All the residents called the hospital the Emerald Palace because a, all the decor was green, and 2, more importantly, because nothing was ever what it seemed.

Anonymous said...

Pig-fuckers! Fifty lashes with a wet armadillo! (That way, they might get leprosy, in addition to severe contusions.)

Anonymous said...

penguinshrink-
I totally have to steal that. Your comment was hilarious.

Bookmark and Share