Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bad day

Bad, bad day. Bad, bad, bad, bad day.

One of my patients eloped this morning. Which, no, doesn't mean she ran off to get married. It means she escaped the hospital. We found her. She's fine. Ultimately, I am too, but wowie.

And then I get home and there's ants all over my office. Because I left my yogurt bowl in there this morning. I hate ants. Whatever, I sprayed, and they're all currently curling into little tiny dead-ant balls.

Really glad they're the ones dying and not my patient. Despite her threats of suicide.

Wow, did that scare me.

I somehow ended up in charge, sort of (hello, intern, 'member?). I did fine while this was all going down, of course. That's what I do. But afterwards, after she was back, and safe, and I was walking off the unit, I was just like...oh....my....God.....

Oh, bad day.

Weirdly? Still love my job. It's inexplicable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) ::hugs::
2) Yes, you are a weirdo. But that's part of why we like you (every single one of me). ;)

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how you deal with this everyday. Watching my mom interact with the Dr's. I'm not sure how I would deal with that every single day. Hmm..your practice isn't going to be near DisfunctionalCity, is it? ;-)

Bookmark and Share