Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Oyyy, I'm still an intern....

Fuck. Somewhere over the holiday weekend I forgot how much work this was.

The new med students are cute, though. They're all super-eager and green. One of them, today, was like, "Can I watch you put in that order?" Aww.

Today was loooooooooong. Which wasn't helped by the fact that I was running on 5 1/2 hours of sleep. Oh, holy shit, was I cranky when I left.

Looooooooooong.

Yesterday, when everyone else was running around being all jittery and anxious and whatnot about their first day, I'll confess, I was sort of glad to be up to my old routine. Today? Today I was a little jealous. *I* wanna be in clinic, too...

I will be soon enough. I cherry picked my first patient today. She's this woman I inherited on the unit who has all of this totally amazing art in our gallery (the coolest thing ever). It was like meeting a celebrity. I saw her name on my patient roster and was like, oh! Oh my God! I can't afford her stuff! And wouldn't you know she needs a new outpatient psychiatrist. So, I flipped open my appointment book and called our scheduler and ta-da! She's my patient now. I'm so excited.

Oy. But I was there a solid 12 hours today, and only left when I did because I had an appointment with my shrink. Tomorrow, we start this "academic half day" thing, where we're in lecture all afternoon. So I have to get all my orders done and patients seen and notes written (HA!) by noon. Yeah, it's going to be another late night. But I'll probably come home and work, at least. My goal is to be OTD at 5 on the nose.

And now, of course, I'm still totally wiped and it's 11:15 because, you know, I came home, and had to talk to my folks (Happy Birthday, Dad!!), and then to my friend who called from California, and then I had to go next door and have a glass of high-quality Riesling with Sparrow and bitch about work (I'm mostly through this post, and she calls and is like "Oh, I see out the window that you're still up. Want wine?" Of course I do). So I foresee that tomorrow's also going to be a highly caffeinated day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that I do not have birthdays. Today was the 37th annaversary of my 39th birthday.

Dad

Tiny Tyrant said...

Hmm, shouldn't that be 29th?

Giggle. Happy Anniversary Kate's Dad.

Bookmark and Share