Sunday, July 06, 2008

Day of rest...

PFFT! Can't even type that with a straight face....

I was productive today. Actually, this weekend.

My hair is red again.



My roots were frighteningly long...

I went to no less than four grocery stores today and spent about 3/4 of the monthly grocery budget (like I have a budget... "recommendation"). Now, admittedly, the last two trips were minimally costly efforts to pick up things I forgot the first two (three) times.

But when I left, my refrigerator contained exactly this: a bag of onions, mustard, lemon juice (actually, I probably ought to throw that out), toasted flaxseeds, an as-yet unopened container of protein powder, and one can of Starbucks Doubleshot. Oh, and that little single-serving contain of salad dressing.

After my hours of grocery shopping, the fridge looked like this (isn't this just the classic Cribs shot?):


Hmm. You'd expect more for the amount of money I shelled out today...there's a few things in the pantry, too, obviously. And I finally found Pyrex tupperware. And I bought a cactus for our office. It's very cute.

I did two loads of laundry and a crapload of dishes and tried to fix the coffeemaker, but I think it's shot. Every time I run water through it, it does this:


Ew, frankly.

I got a little work done on my Tolerance Socks yesterday while at the tire store (wouldn't you know it? My car doesn't pull to the right anymore!). Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's enough yarn left...and I realized that oh, right, I'm knitting these toe-up, which is why the ribbing I did on the top of the foot...probably should've continued through the gusset shaping....argh. I want to frog them and just start the heck over again (because, among other things, I think they're too big) but I can't find my yarn winder. Again I say, argh.


Maggie still hasn't rendered an opinion...


Peng and I also loaded up the kickass $20 fridge she found on Craigslist and took it to our office. And then I came home and helped Sparrow pick out her outfit for the first day of second year. And then I made homemade mac and cheese for dinner, with enough left over to take for the call crew tomorrow (of which I am part).

I got a ton of other things done this weekend, too, despite the 24 hours without power. I swapped out the screens so now I can actually open a window in my bedroom. I got my calendar all laid out (hey - this is exciting in my world). I at least have a list of all my patients (hopefully I can get in early enough to print out all their stuff and organize it before rounds). Sparrow and I went out for dinner last night (since we, um, had no power) and spent some time exploring downtown. I tied up a lot of little stuff.

It was a good weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks awesome. I want mine that color, but I always fear that it would make me look younger.

Tiny Tyrant said...

Heya Kate. Is that the swap yarn?

Love the hair color.

Robin said...

Your fridge is so clean! Although I have to ask... Am I the only one who wondered what was in the freezer? Maybe I am just hungry!

I am glad your power is back on!!

DK said...

Feria Crushed Garnet. For $8.99, your hair, too, can be this color. I love it.

D - oh, you should totally dye it. And if it makes you look younger - bonus!

T - Yep, it's the swap yarn. Love it, love it, love it.

R - bags of frozen peppers, broccoli, and corn, chicken taquitos, and one chicken chimichanga. And all my fake ice.

Bookmark and Share