Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The old apartment

(missed the reference? Click here)

So it's 1:20 AM, and I just sent the following email to my landlord...


Dear Landlord,


Attached is a picture of the second roach-like thing I've killed in my bedroom in as many nights. This one had the untimely misfortune of CRAWLING ACROSS
MY HAND AT ONE IN THE MORNING WHILE I WAS ASLEEP, which brought about its expedient end. Last night there was a smaller roachie-looking thing crawling on the wall, again in my bedroom, which was also summarily dispatched.

Oh. And did I mention, EW, OHMIGOD, EW, EW, EW, EWWWWWWWWW!! In my sleep. In my BED. Across my HAND. EW, ICK, UGH, BLEH, EW!!

There are ants in the kitchen as well. I keep spraying, but, to no avail.

Please send your favorite exterminator at once. And perhaps on a bi-monthly basis. Which may be about the time it takes me to get back to sleep.

Ew.




Oh, did I mention...EW!!! And just a little too reminiscent of this....

Ewwwwww, ick, yuck, bleh, nasty, ew.....

And then, while I'm typing this post, I killed a tiny little albino-y looking cricket-type thing that was sitting on my other hand. Mags and I are one more tiny little bug away from a stint at the Residence Inn.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

::hugs::

Robin said...

What's with all the bugs? We don't have that problem in Chicago... you should come visit and see!

Marie said...

This is what I kept saying to my son when he was putting himself through law school: keep your eyes on the prize.

Someday soon, you will reap the benefits of all your sacrifices and these life challenges will just be a gross memory.

Of course, you'll have entirely new life challenges, but most of them will not involve cockroaches. :)

Anonymous said...

Kate, this was a HILARIOUS post. I am sure your landlord will be laughing at that letter, too, despite everything.
Were those your exact words in the letter?
PS, I think sometimes people who are done with school get cockroaches, too. They aren't really prejudiced, they just like food. ;-)

DK said...

That's a direct cut and paste from my email to her, except I changed her name (obviously).

Bookmark and Share