Saturday, May 31, 2008

The best laid plans...

Maggie and I had such plans for today. We were going to sleep in (check). The movers were coming this morning to give us an estimate on packing, moving, and storing. They were very nice, and Maggie really liked the one guy. So I'm using this moving company, right, that's part of a comprehensive rehab program for substance abusers. So these two guys show up, all tattooed ex-badasses, in their ironed chinos and short hair, smelling pleasant and just as polite as can be. They were quick and efficient. And then I had all these great ideas about spending most of the day doing discharge summaries (I'm SOOOOOOO behind) and then starting to weed out stuff that's getting sent off to charity. Because, the house that I'm moving to is about half the square footage of the one I'm currently renting, so, lots has to go. And did I mention we're moving in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS, now?

Ahhhh, well.

I guess the working like 100 hours a week is finally catching up with me. Maggie and I spent the whole day watching Animal Planet and napping on the couch. Like, literally, it was suddenly 7pm and I had finished exactly one d/c summary.


We watched Animal Police, Houston. And Detroit. And, um, Miami (we love Animal Police. I really think Maggie just likes the barking. I like seeing the dogs in their new homes at the end. And Animal Police Miami always has alligators and horses and cool stuff like that). And we watched several episodes of this bizarre reality show, Groomer Has It.

Wow. Such ridiculous drama. But strangely addictive. And hosted by Jai, my absolute favorite Queer Eye guy. And next week they're going to the pound. We may have to watch.

So Jai is dealing with crazy dog groomers (at least he has a cute sidekick messenger dog), and Carson is telling fat girls they look good naked (of course they do). Ah, how the dynasty has...well...gone to the Crab People.


She really does get into some screwball poses to hang out and watch TV.

So now we're watching this very silly show called Showdog Moms and Dads. Which is another ridiculous reality show. Except it's not supposed to be so silly. But...ever see Best In Show? (If you haven't, you really need to.) It's exactly like that. Which...was supposed to be a parody. Oh, dear.

I guess we need to have a useless day every once in a while...

4 comments:

Tiny Tyrant said...

You earned it chickie.

We (okay I) spent the day sanding our bedroom floor, which we ripped the walls out of last week and replaced, after rewiring and insulating the outside walls.

Yeah the moron that built the house 60 years ago didn't put any insulation in.

Since the room was empty for that, I figure yeah let's do the floor. So I'm beat. Tomorrow I get to put the first coat on poly on it, then do it again Monday night. Bleh.

Take a nap for me. You deserved your day off.

Anonymous said...

moving? But you live so close to the waffle house?

DK said...

Oh, but I'll be closer to the Gumby's. You remember Robin's house (not yours, the one here)? I'm moving where the guy with the Jew Fro lived.

Anonymous said...

Maggie is such a photogenic dog. I love her poses.

I always cry when animal cops shows skinny horses.

Bookmark and Share