Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hell's Pass Mental Hospital

(Double bonus points for anyone who gets that. Triple bonus points for anyone who gets that before reading the rest of the post).

I had something to say earlier.......although now I can't remember what. I was...somewhere, here, in the hospital (I'm on call again, big shocker)...and I thought, oh, that's so going on the blog....and now....no clue.

::sigh:: It sucks to be old and sleep deprived.

Oh. It was the EMTALA thing. Yeah, now that I'm not totally mad about it, it doesn't seem so interesting anymore.

Call's been frustrating, but not yet awful. We had a good medical student here during the day. I like my senior a lot, and I've not been on call with her before, but I'm enjoying it. We ordered Mexican food for dinner, and Mike was able to come join us (he's on for Neuro call tonight). He always has good stories. And this woman on the ED unit is having poop issues, which I keep getting paged about (She threw up! She can't poop! She pooped a little! It hurts to poop! She pooped three little hard rock things! Now the poop's like golf balls! Poop! Poop! Poop!), and so we made many inappropriate jokes and Mike whipped out this poop rating scale (no, it's a real diagnostic scale. Honest to God) that one of the medical students had put on a little card for him.

We've giggled way too much about poop tonight. It's like an episode of South Park over here...

No comments:

Bookmark and Share