Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Make like a tree

I'm so tired. I'm so, so tired. I was on call tonight. I admitted a very nice lady with a nasty H habit. I also acquired a new adolescent today, this very nice, respectful kid who runs with a gang and sells weed and lobbed a gas grill at his brother. In addition, I gained a new medical student on Adolescent, whom I like very much.

He says to me, the med student (whose name I haven't actually learned yet), he says, "How do you deal with this every day?" He says that after we interviewed the gang banger. I was like, oh, honey, you ain't seen nothing yet.

So I'm leaving from call tonight, and Tyler says, "Make like a tree." I looked at him quizzically, said, "And...?" He finishes it, "And get da fuck out of here!"

I think it was supposed to be "make like a tree and leave (leaf)." Yeah, somehow I missed that. Think it's the tired coming out. Also because his answer made me giggle ridiculously.

But Obama took NC! I like to think it was my vote that did it.

1 comment:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Keep an eye on your snail mail honey.

Looks like your Miss Mags and my Scrat the Brat were plotting something.

Good luck with your new service.

Bookmark and Share