Sunday, May 11, 2008

Raining on Sunday

(It's a Keith Urban song that was playing on Pandora this morning. It's one of my favorites, and seems amusingly appropriate today...)

I'm guessing that the drought in NC is over, people. Call it a hunch.

Happy Mother's day to all. Particularly to my mom (hi, Mom). And also to my "aunt" down here, who my actual mother likes to refer to as my "Southern Mom" (although I'm not sure she reads my blog). And also to Barb, Jenn (yes, you), Bei, Robin, Danielle, Gia, Lorna, Lorna's Mom, Lorna's MIL, Kate (not me), Mattie (here's hoping!), and anyone else I've forgotten to name individually. Blame my chronic sleep deprivation. You know how that goes. Also, to anyone who has a mother that they will actually admit to.

I have a whole 'nother post that I'm working on about mothers, so I'll try to keep this one short. Assuming that one turns out to be something better than more incoherent rambling.

So it's Sunday here (as I imagine it is there). Which is, as usual, far from a day of rest for Mags and me. I spent a chunk of the morning at Starbucks again, inside this time (because it's cold and rainy) trying to get some discharge summaries done, but alas, trying to summarize the hospital course on the longer-term patients I inherited from Mike is proving to be problematic, as you can expect. And apparently the d/c summaries I was writing on Psychotic (which consisted of cutting and pasting all the Daily Hospital Course notes into the Hospital Course section of the summary) aren't acceptable on child. What do you want, people? You want it fast or you want it meaningful? I guess the difference is that the outside providers actually read the ones we do on Child and Adolescent. So I still have three to do.

I then went to the grocery store, where they didn't have nearly anything I wanted but I still spent $90. You know, it's going to be one of those weeks, though. I'm on call Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday night I have some Neurology Interest group dinner to go to, and Friday I have an appointment with my shrink at 6, which usually means I'll grab something on the way home or eat at the hospital. And then I'm on overnight call Saturday. So mostly I'm not eating at home this week, without a lot of time to prepare stuff (seriously. Who wants to make tomorrow's lunch when you get home at 11pm?) which tends to mean a lot of hospital food. I'm going to try and bypass that by making chili and oatmeal or something today (not together). And I'm going to attempt to make some Paneer cheese, which I learned from PenguinShrink's boyfriend Chef, and is super easy and can be used much like tofu, except it's not tofu (which I'm finally giving up and conceding I don't especially care for). So we'll see.

Actually, I probably ought to go back out and go to Target and Whole Foods now. We'll see how much motivation I can muster, here....there's still dishes and laundry and reading to be done, too...not to mention the packing I haven't managed to start yet...

1 comment:

Dr.VonB said...

Awwww, lady... thanks for the positive vibe shout-out. :) Margaritas soon, virgin or no (haha), if and when I survive my medicine shelf...

Bookmark and Share